Newly Minted

Newly Minted
Right after I was hooded

Monday, April 20, 2009

A Big Day

Today is a big day. I am defending the first draft of my documentary as my area project. The documentary is called "Intimate Realities: Mixed Race Identities". I have had a few bumps with my committee; scheduling and what not. They really are the best though, so I am excited to see what they have to say, kind of. I showed the documentary to my class on Thursday, they seemed to enjoy it. I didn't really get feedback because we went overtime for class. The big problem is that I don't know what to ask, so I have no clue what is going to be asked of me today. I have one committee member who doesn't really believe in mixed race as an independent identity. In her experience, mixed race is about passing, privilege, and a denial of blackness. It is her comments I am most concerned about. My chair has already let me know she thinks the work is fine. I will update later today and let you know how it went. Think of me between 12-2. More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment